This was a fun project that I worked on for a couple months once I got the new workshop squared away. I used a mitre box like this back in my High School days in woodshop class. I bought this Stanley 360 mitre box with the saw on ebay before they got real expensive. After trying it out, I am mighty glad I sold my Craftsman Power Mitre box when we made our big move last Spring.
When I bought the mitre box and saw, they were rusty, but thankfully all the parts were pretty much there. After cleaning, putting on some new paint, adding a new poplar top and reconditioning the saw I can say that this is a sweet tool.
I promised Barb that I’d get back to building some Windsor chairs and other furniture now that this project is completed.
Hope you enjoy the pictures.